Fishing is one of Canada’s favourite outdoors activity; Ontario’s Family Fishing week starts July 4th to 12th. Ontarians can fish without buying a licence during Family Fishing Week.
Enjoy one of Canada’s favourite outdoor sports activities in a fun and affordable way.
Canadians may fish without a licence in Ontario during Family Fishing Week, but non-residents do need a licence.
There are many family fishing events in towns and provincial parks across Ontario:
- Bluewater Anglers Family Fun Fishing Derby in Point Edward on July 5
- Family Fish Frolic with Brian Jackson at Quetico Provincial Park on July 5
- Fishing in the Old Ausable Channel at Pinery Provincial Park on July 8
- Family Fishing Day at the Port Hope Marina on July 11
- Let’s Go Fishing at Rock Point Provincial Park on July 12
To see a full list of Family Fishing Week events across Ontario, please visit:www.ontariofamilyfishing.com/events/
More than 1.3 million licensed anglers participate in recreational fisheries and contribute approximately $2.5 billion to the Ontario economy each year.
Ontario’s lakes and rivers are home to 160 types of freshwater fish.
Ref Link.: Northern Life >>